Music by The Refusers

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Forever Oneness by Bee Lake


Glare by Lovell D'souza




                                          Forever Oneness,

                                    Who sings to us in silence.

                             Who teaches us through each other ,

                       Guide my steps with strength and wisdom.

                                May I see the lessons as I walk,

                                Honour the purpose of all things.

                                    Help me touch with respect,

                            Always speak from behind my eyes.

                                   Let me observe not judge.

                                       May I cause no harm,

                       And leave music and beauty after my visit.

                                      When I return to Forever

                                      May the circle be closed

                                     And the spiral be broader.”


                -- Bee Lake --
    An Aboriginal women and poet.

6 comments:

Zeba said...

This is lovely. Sigh.

Stranger in a Strange Land said...

Hello Zeba:

Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad that you liked this poem.

Kindest regards,
Mike

Magnus said...

Thanks for your contributions for us to receive an inspirational august. Very deep and lovely words - and actually very appliable in my profession ;-)
Have a beautiful day
Magnus

Stranger in a Strange Land said...

Hello Magnus:

Yes, applicable to anyone or any profession.

Take care,
Mike

Malgorzata Ingstad said...

Wonderful, Mike-Stranger.

Stranger in a Strange Land said...

Hello Maria:

Thanks for stopping by and glad that yolu liked it..

Mike